Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hello my friends!

I hope you're all having a wonderful week!
This has been a crazy busy week, but it's finally starting to wind down.  This weekend is going to be full of refining music, my book, headshots and resumes.  I'm really looking forward to organizing my artistic life.  I still feel like I have so many questions and second thoughts about songs in my book.  I mean... "Is this song too old for me or isn't it?" "Is this too dark?" "Is this too corny?"... I mean I guess it's all an opinion anyway.  No one will ever feel the same exact way about something and I guess instead of trying to please other people what I really need to start doing in order to make myself feel more confident in my performances and auditions is please myself.

Of course there are rules to that statement, but I feel like those of us who are artists trying to break out into the world really need to first and foremost love the piece of material we are using to audition, because if you don't, then what is the point in all of this.

I finally found a song I believe to be truly me.  I am a fun-loving girl, who is madly in love, I am bubbly, hopeful, and young.  On top of all of that I love singing pop/rock music, belting, yet also using other variations of my voice... and I feel like the song I have found finally does all of this!
I would love to sing it for Showcase so I hope when I bring it in, the directors all agree with me.

Anyways... it has been a long few days and I am going to sleepy sleep now.  Goodnight loves!  Sleep good!

*HUG!*
Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment