Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Should've Become a Lawyer...

Sometimes I look at the life I live and think... why am I doing this to myself?

I woke up at 8am on a Saturday morning and immediately began working and have not stopped.  I've been juggling my work as an artist and my work as a real person.  Looking for audition material to fit my personality/"type", editing my resume, and learning new material for my class on Tuesday; while juggling the tasks of setting mouse traps for the new friends that have come to visit me for evening snacks, buying necessities for my new home, and paying the monthly bills.

I feel so overwhelmed at times, but then I think to myself... "If I just get this done, I can go to bed comfortably".  I wonder if doctors, lawyers, dentists and accountants feel the same way I do?  I'm sure they do... but is money and stability for a comfortable living style a care for them?

A little too often I sit and think to myself... why is it that OUR careers as artists go so unrecognized at times?  We are the ones that make people feel the way they feel when they've left the movie theater, or cried to that song on the radio, or thought endlessly about a painting.  We impact people's lives the way the dentists and accountants do... sometimes even more.  No matter where they go they will have us with them... so why is it that I, as an artist, have to worry about my future of stabilization.

I guess that's just the way life goes sometimes, but you know what? ... I love what I do more than anything!  And no amount of money could change what I want to do, because I love it and I do it well.  So to all of those artists out there who are like me and wonder about the future... I'm right there with you.  And with a little bit of faith I truly believe that we will all make it!

*HUG!*
Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment