Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pasta and Ice Cream and Fries... Oh My!

Good afternoon everyone! I hope everyone had a nice work day.  We're half way through the week!  Does anyone feel like this week is dragging?  I certainly do!
Well... this week I began an intensive workout routine and a pretty strict calorie/fat diet to prepare for an upcoming audition.  I want to feel my best and look my best, and so far... it's working!  I've been doing around an hour to an hour and a half of cardio every day (treadmill, stair master, etc) and every other day I do weight lifting (legs and arms).  Since school ended I have really lost my flexibility, but I forgot how quickly I get it back only after a few stretching routines.  I've been sleeping much better since I began working out, however, I lack energy beginning at around 4 in the afternoon which isn't good either.  I do miss eating whatever I want, but that also isn't a realistic option in my life considering I don't have the metabolism of a 16 year old, teenage boy (like my boyfriend and brother have *lucky jerks*).  I really have to work at what I get, like many of us women (and even some men) have to, but in the end, it's well worth it.  It's just a matter of getting a routine together and sticking to it.

Routine has never really been my problem though... the eating has been!  I find that I love fatty foods (most of us do!).  Seriously... anything bad for me, I LOVE to eat.  I have to make sure to start eating healthier: lean meats, fruits, and veggies.  My weakness however are ... CARBS! and SWEETS!  Give me a bowl of pasta and a bowl of ice cream and I will eat them... together! (no no I'm just kidding, not together, but I will eat them both... and leave no left overs).  

I have to admit though... half of the reason I eat so terribly most of the time is because I am always on the go!  I never have time to make food at my apartment, so I'm constantly eating fast food, take out or at restaurants.

Anybody have any tips on how to stay on the right path to healthy eating?  Perhaps you know of healthy places to eat or low cal/fat foods at fast food restaurants?  I could use any encouragement and tips!  Let me know!

*HUG!* 
Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment