Friday, March 9, 2012

My Temporary Home Away from Home

Good morning and happy Friday to you all! I hope you have fun or relaxing plans for the weekend.  Matt and I just returned from Boston and had the most wonderful time!  Sadly Joan's trip was cut short, but she was so kind as to let us stay and enjoy the city for the remainder of the week.

Boston reminds me of a mixture of places, which is why I think I loved it so much.  It reminded me of the pretty parts of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, mixed with the Financial District (the brick/cobblestone streets) and a little of California (maybe just because the weather was so nice and we were at an outdoor mall).

We had a blast though... we went shopping, walked along the water, had amazing food, walked the freedom trail, and saw some unforgettable monuments.  It was a trip I will always remember.

Something amazing that I had to let you all know is that I booked a show in Pennsylvania at the American Music Theatre.  The how is called "Country Classics" and it is a country music revue!  I'm super excited because this is a genre that everyone has told me to give a try and finally I'm going to see how it fits on me.

Rehearsals begin early April and the show runs from the very beginning of May through June 30th.  If you happen to be in the Lancaster/Philadelphia area, please come and see it!

The theatre is 1,600 seats, and is absolutely gorgeous!  And the people have been so incredibly kind.  I'm just excited to be on stage again and meeting new people.  It will be my new home away from home!

Anyways, I hope you all have fabulous weekends!  Wanted to keep you all posted! Love you all!

*HUG!*
Honey







1 comment:

  1. Honey, I couldn't be more excited, glad your to hear the new excitement in your "voice" again. xoxox Sue

    ReplyDelete